FIRST STAGE/REGISTRATION PERIOD: Registration and general test. From March 30 to May 18.
- This initial stage of the competition will be active from March 30 at 00:00 to May 18 at 23:59.
- After registering, each contestant will be able to access the first test: an online test of 50 questions. Once it has started, the contestant has 30 minutes to take the test, and will not be able to go back or start over, so it is important to choose a good time and place with secure internet connection to complete it.
- The number of correct answers and, to a lesser degree, the time spent answering the test will be valued.
- 50 semifinalists* will emerge from this stage.
SECOND STAGE. Semifinal. 5th June
- The second phase brings together the top 50 participants from the first stage. A few days before the event, each semifinalist will have received a box with five unlabeled samples of wine. On the day of the Semifinal at a previously arranged time they must connect via Google Meet to the Spanish Wine Master platform to start the test. First, a guided tasting from the set and another test of visual dexterity in order to test knowledge about Spanish wine.
- The presentation of the Semifinal, the supervision of the tasting, and the visual test will be led by Elisa Errea from a set designed for that purpose.
- The format and date of this Semifinal is common to all participating countries (although each country will hold its Semifinal at a different time, within the same June 5th).
- From this Phase 2, 10 finalists* will emerge.
THIRD PHASE. The Grand Finale. (Date varies by country)
- The last phase, the National Final, will be face-to-face in each participating country. In the UK the Grand Finale will be held on July 3rd. Each country will inform the finalists of the place and time where the event will be held. It will consist of a tasting test as well as other tests, among which the contestant will have to present before the full jury.This last phase will last a maximum of 90 minutes.
- The Final will result in a single winner of the Spanish Wine Master.
* The number of semifinalists and finalists corresponds to the Spanish chapter of Spanish Wine Master. In other participating countries, these numbers may vary, at the discretion of the local organizing teams.